Our Lady of Fatima (13 may)
99 Anniversary of the Apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima
First apparition of Our Lady
Location: Cova da Iria
Date: May 13, 1917
- «Do not be afraid. I will do you no harm!
- Where are you from?
- I am from Heaven.
- What do you want of me?
- I have come to ask you to come here for six months in succession, on the 13th day, at this same hour. Later on, I will tell youwho I am and what I want. Afterwards, I will return here yet a seventh time.
[- Can you tell me if the war will still last too long or it will be over soon?- I cannot yet tell you until I say what I want of you.]
- Shall I go to Heaven too?
- Yes, you will.
- And Jacinta?
- She will go also.
- And Francisco?
- He will go there too, but he must say many Rosaries.
- Is Maria das Neves in Heaven?
- Yes, she is.” (I think she was about 16 years old).
- And Amélia?
- She will be in purgatory until the end of the world.
- Are you willing to offer yourselves to God and bear all the sufferings He wills to send you, as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and of supplication for the conversion of sinners?”
- Yes, we are willing.”
- Then you are going to have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort.
As she pronounced these last words “...the grace of God will be your comfort”, Our Lady opened her hands for the first time, communicating to us a light so intense that, as it streamed from her hands, its rays penetrated our hearts and the innermost depths of our souls, making us see ourselves in God, Who was that light, more clearly than we see ourselves in the best of mirrors. Then, moved by an interior impulse that was also communicated to us, we fell on our knees, repeating in our hearts:
- O most Holy Trinity, I adore You! My God, my God, I love You in the most Blessed Sacrament!”
After a few moments, Our Lady spoke again:
- Pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world, and the end of the war."